Bay Walk & Maps
Experience the Best Sunset in Newport!
Follow the Fort Adams Bay Walk signs and enjoy one of Newport's last hidden treasures.
The West Side of the Bay Walk takes you along the picturesque East Passage of the Narragansett Bay with unobstructed views of the sun setting over Conanicut Island (Jamestown).
Watch as the boats, yachts and cruise ships pass by while overlooking several local landmarks:
- Clingstone- The ‘House on the Rock’ due east
- Castle Hill Lighthouse- Can be seen on the coast to the south
- Beavertail Lighthouse- Can be viewed at the Southern tip of Jamestown
- Rose Island Lighthouse- Best viewed at the northern end of the walk, it is the Rose Island lighthouse is located on the island in front of the Newport Bridge.
The East Side of the Bay Walk overlooks Newport harbor and the downtown waterfront as well as picturesque Brenton Cove, one of the area's most popular places to anchor a boat.
Across the harbor you will see:
- New York Yacht Club- The mansion recognizable by its green and white awning
- Ida Lewis Yacht Club- Located on the rocky outcropping now connected to Newport via a long pier
- Newport Waterfront- Across the harbor due east of Fort Adams State Park
- Goat Island- Formerly home to one of the largest torpedo factories in the US, this large island between the park and Newport is now home to the Hyatt Hotel